What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ICOM IC-A200 wiring question

vbpiper

Well Known Member
I have nearly completed wiring the pins in the connector of the ICOM, but I have one question. The diagram of the Molex connector shows Pin 2 for "detected audio (output)". I am using an external intercom, no remote frequency change switch, no second comm, so do I need to wire this pin?
Also, Pin 10 is for ""squelch cancel". Again, do I need this pin wired if I am using an external intercom? :confused:
Help?? Stein? Anyone?
Thanks!.

I just recently wired in my ICOM and had the same sort of questions so I emailed ICOM and they responded promptly. A very helpful company. I may have even asked them the exact same question but I'll have to dig through my records to see if I still have their reply. Good luck.

Alan
RV-4

Icom

Alan,
Thanks for the reply. I had e-mailed Icom also. For anyone's future reference, I did not need to wire either pin (2 or 10) since I will have a separate intercom.
Thanks, again.
Ward
On a fun note, got to make a quick trip to Van's and to Pacific Coast Avionics today. It's nice to visit the "mother ship" every so often, but for some reason I forgot to ask to see the -12. Doh...

Last edited:
Yep that's right

vbpiper said:
I have nearly completed wiring the pins in the connector of the ICOM, but I have one question. The diagram of the Molex connector shows Pin 2 for "detected audio (output)". I am using an external intercom, no remote frequency change switch, no second comm, so do I need to wire this pin?
Also, Pin 10 is for ""squelch cancel". Again, do I need this pin wired if I am using an external intercom? :confused:
Help?? Stein? Anyone?
Thanks!.
You don't need either. The audio detect is for two radios and the squelch cancel would be for a remote switch so you can cancel the squelch and listen to the un squelched (static) audio. Here is a color coded sketch I made to help wire it, may help. (Notes are mine and may answer many questions not answered in manual ICOM).

(click thumbnail to enlarge).

Last edited:
Back