What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whirl Wind 200RV

nucleus

Well Known Member
Well I just bolted up the prop to fit the cowling, and I love how the paint turned out. These colors are the main paint scheme for the plane.

RV6APropeller.jpg

Looks awesome!!!

...has kind of a copper look to it. The tips look great too.

it looks like wood grain. very cool.

i could have used a color that matched better but I took what was avail.
41206047kx1.jpg

nucleus said:
Well I just bolted up the prop to fit the cowling, and I love how the paint turned out. These colors are the main paint scheme for the plane.
Can I ask you what prep work you had to do to the prop to get the paint
to stick. I'm ready for paint and may want to paint the prop to match. What
did you do to it? BTW, it looks sharp!

Paint Prep

Well, the only prep I did was research the color code, which was BMW 355 Byzanz, kind of a metalic copper. Whirl Wind did the rest.

Hans

ahah. I'm trying to find out what to do to the prop after delivery.

It looks fantastic. Wish I knew what paint scheme I wanted upon
prop delivery.

walter said:
ahah. I'm trying to find out what to do to the prop after delivery.

It looks fantastic. Wish I knew what paint scheme I wanted upon
prop delivery.

Just talk to the guy who does the painting at whirl wind. Or, send it to them and have them paint it...

Nucleus

Funny seeing this prop on here as I was at the whirlwind factory just a few weeks ago and saw this prop on the bench and I can attest it is a great paint job, in fact I got to looking at these props for my -8. I am thinking of a 151, three blades are so cool. Also when you buy a whirlwind, it will be painted to your colors and the spinner as well.!! Already fit and everything. They do cost more than others but not a lot and they do not weigh much either, I picked up a blade blank while I was there and they seem to weigh nothing.
Anyway like I said cool seeing this prop on here.
BTW the nickle leading edges are awesome!!! Look great and are tough as nails. The shop had a prop that went through a hangar door and not a ding on the leading edge. No Im not a sales guy for whirlwind but from what I have seen/been told they look like a good thing.

Last edited:
Back