What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tablet PCs

Vince Koehn

Well Known Member
Following is some links to a company that sells some software but more was I was interested in the second link which has the pictures of the Sony VGN-U750P in use during flight. I thought this might be of interest to some of you researching the options out there on tablet pcs and so forth.
I ordered one and will try and post a review after I get it and try it.

http://www.airgator.com

http://www.airgator.com/sony_in_sunlight.htm

Vince Koehn

Fujitsu LT P-600

Just received my P-600 that I bought on eBay. I'll have to see how it does in sunlight but it's just about the perfect size for a small cockpit. Just a bit larger than a kneeboard. I'm going to fly it in the car tomorrow and see what outdoor viewability is like. I'm running AirPlan in moving map mode. We'll see how it does.

P600

Congratulations on the P600!! You will like it in the plane. I bought one on ebay in Sept and run WxWorx with xm weather on it in the plane, and I love it!! What GPS are you using? I am using a Holux GM 210 that I also got on ebay.

have fun - Tom Lewis

This LT P-600 rocks!

Well, I'm kind of mad at the seller because he misrepresented the condition of the tablet. But on the brighter side, it's already scratched up so I won't mind it banging around in the airplane.

That thing is the perfect size. A little on the heavy side though but managable as long as you don't have to carry it. I'm going to rig up some kind of kneeboard affair to use it in the RV-4.

I have a Rikaline USB GPS that I am using with AirPlan's moving map. I may either buy a USB hub or switch to a CF GPS so I can plug my phone into the USB to get in flight weather updates via WeatherTAP.

I was really pleased with the way the display looked in sunlight. It's not like a sheet of paper but it's easily viewable. I was also pleasantly surprised at how dim you could get the display. I checked these features on the way to work this morning and home this evening. I think I need to get a new battery because this one only seems to last about an hour. Back to eBay! :)

P600 again

I use a usb hub to connect both GPS and xm receiver to P600. It works well. I also got an auto adapter on ebay, part # FMWCB2, so it has power and battery life does not matter so much.

Have fun with your "new" tablet in the plane.

Tom Lewis

Talk about fickle, that's me. I just received the ST4121 that I bought at the same time as my LT P-600. Whoa! Now that's a display! I'm going to find a way to make this thing fit in my -4. The display really outshines the p-600. But I have to admit that the LT P-600 has it all over the ST4121 in form factor. But still, I'm going to have to go with the ST4121. So the LT P-600 is going to go up on eBay.

Back