What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Picture thread for round gauges, analog and digital

tdhanson

Well Known Member
I'm proposing this thread to have a place where one can view various old-style round gauges such as airspeed, altimeters, turn/bank, engine gauges, and misc. for those designing a panel using traditional gauges. It's easy to see the latest EFIS panel screens and there's templates and pictures for that already by major vendors.

Sometimes a builder wants to build or replace a hole in their panel with a 2 1/4 or 3 1/8 or other size hole.

Sometimes the look makes a difference. These could be true analog guages, or even electronic or mini efis or led but fit in round holes.

I'm proposing simple pictures and a link or mention of brand/model/size/particulars if needed.

I'm hoping another thread for switches and indicators...

Else, if no interest, let this be deleted or rolled off.

Like this?

P1010019.jpg

Awsome!!!

Hi John
Couldnt agree more !! :D

Love the old style look !

Ill post a pic of my -4's panel soon...

Dave Taylor
Western Australia
VH-HOC
0320 FP RV-4
Dues due this 2017

Simple and traditional

Panel for the first 10 years of flying up to a few weeks ago. In process of removing all vacuum instruments but will be retaining the round instrument look.

JYEYF9mjGcGHSjL8Wr266IL9tACnzI-2fXv3PPtXuabd2HmcZpjQ8jTu7aaROXpwzct0-gKC_xCT4zr-sn2h967Ztp0s5XacpnqugA6xQH5NcXDhtDo6nqi63kc71f6DI6-h3th_YdJhW_a6GsgDZrM23WbpC7vVtznn50vTkuz5CNU1RQCBplFXRorHGOyK3kT7odLXYig1N-YXOV5AWlx3j-i9wOEE0MY8v4s-xBTvKwM-4_0SXY5n1pufc0bDxILucv6FdHiFEKl1qWlwohgOb0EY20kM9hqeR1nqsamsDx0oyLKkoWhQ_15qPKNsK-GSW6wA5NvpjRip8Dklx3KUN1M-cvQ2JkeSsJe0zV_rYABY6iRJhWZWM_4CisaTLoSZq4AssTp-viqCNwGDectGb1AWIP6IyJEUoA34gNR-x-9_ceoGaF9A2-WnZfFNCrRX136ZBmQdNYQ8wEM_aazr7q4QYTf0ij8coSKQwc04spkUyJpGNNmFRRTAoqQRi5Hpc75rSzN1WIxEItJ6G9EmpgM7TXeGH-bCbtOEB9MPlM2cD5QudBs2p9lbW1ZzGZK6fwNVPhQLwXPC9rpBg9TlXulzdjaynVM3yddvZBKECfxj=w800-no

Last edited:
Electronic Steam

I have wished for a long time that someone would make electronic replacements for round instruments!

Round Dials

That's when it was fun looking inside. Spent many hours at Airventure peeking in at panels.......

Not any more........... they are just boring now...:mad:

That's the winner John! Elegant, balanced, the symmetry pleases the eye. Спасибо!

Hi John
Couldnt agree more !! :D

Love the old style look !

Ill post a pic of my -4's panel soon...

Thanks All for the kind words. The plane has been flying this way for six years now. All gyros are electric, so no vacuum system. It also old school with No Autopilot and manual trim.

Last edited:
Round gauges

RV-4 with mostly round gauges and a little glass. Fairly basic but very functional with a Garmin G5, Garmin Aera 660 GPS tied to the autopilot, Trio EZ Pilot two axis autopilot, Garmin GTR 200 Radio, Narco 122D (digital) ILS, Electronics International engine gauges, custom stick & throttle with functional switches/buttons and full IFR with heated pitot tube. Next up, a transponder change to a Garmin GTX 335 for ADSB-out.

24y1pat.jpg

Last edited:
round gage high tech

Here's my stab at a (mostly) round gage, but high tech panel. No vacuum, but it is IFR with autopilot-coupled approach capability and ADSB 2020 compliance. If I really feel the need to be distracted I pop my ipad mini into its bracket to view adsb weather, traffic, etc. Round gages include Vans tach, oil pressure and temp, MItchell fuel pressure, Trig transponder, MGL infinity series EGT and CHT, Tru Trak autopilot, Garmin 106A, and flight data systems GT50 g-meter/clock/volt meter.

IMG_1942.jpg

Great looking cockpit, Steve. I really like your layout. Unfortunately, the siren song of ADSB has lured me (mostly) away from round dials---which I prefer!

Lee...

Back