What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Back Seat Mods

Got2Fly

I have been drooling over - er looking at - the RV10 and have a question regarding the back seat.

Could it be modified to seat three boys currently ages 5-9, but by the time I build it, probably 8-12. Has anyone else thought about such a mod?

Ken

Ken,
I have three seat belts in the back of my Trinidad TB20 and it works out fine. Just have to check the W & B if you put any baggage in. On the floor under the passengers feet if required. Haven't started my 10 yet but I have the next best thing and routinely see 150 kts on 12 gph at 10K. Would recommend looking at TB series seats for the 10.
Roger Robertson
TB20 Temporarily

3 in back

Yep, we're setting our backseat up for 3. We built a filler piece to fill the gap between the two seat backs, and will have likewise a filler cushion that fits in there. We're just attaching a third seatbelt to the same anchor points as the other two. We figure if the combined weight of kids is less than what two adults would be, it should be okay.

TDT

I have it on good authority that craftsman "Extraordinaire" Jim Younkin has desinged a really nice new rear bench type seat as described....I hear he might make the drawings available at some point after he's finished the project. Like everything he's touched, I expect it to be top notch.

Cheers,
Stein.

Back