What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNS430 - Digitrak

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
I am not sure that I understand the operation 100% So if someone can please help me on this one. I have a Garmin 430 connected to a Digitrak. When switched on and then press the on/off buttn, the Digitrak shows the heading you are maintaining and a flashing F". It does not intercept and or follow the purple line on the 430. How do you set it up to do so? Much appreciated.

Once unit is on, push both heading arrows at the same time and hold for about 2 seconds, then release. Unit should command an intercept to your GPS course. Keep in mind that if you entered the course some minutes earlier, it will intercept the line from that start point to your destination fix. If you just want to roll from your current position direct to your destination, you need to reenter "direct to" on your Garmin. Hope this helps. Unit will follow a multi-leg plan as well.

I should have been more complete in my earlier post. You can go to:
www.trutrakflightsystems.com
Look at the Digitrak Installation and Flight Guide as it gives this same infor and the Quick Guide does not. In either case, when you first turn the unit on, fly straight and level for about 10 seconds to allow the AP to orient. After that you can arrow to a heading or use both arrows for a course intercept. Once on course, unit should show -0- and not flash.

Garmin to Digitrak

Make sure you connect RS232 TX from the 430 to the RS232 RX (IN) input of the Digitrak.

Digitrak deals

Speaking of Digitrak, I am in the market for one and was going to shop during Sun-n-Fun (looking for that show special). I am looking for recommendations on the who might have the best price on a Digitrak system? Any recommendations appreciated!!

Back