What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garming GSA 28 servo mount RV 8

Robin8er

Well Known Member
I'm installing the GSA 28 on the RV 8 wing spare for the roll servo. I wont buy the servo until I'm almost ready to fly (at least 2 years).

I have the servo mount, but it appears to be too long. Do you have to trim it? i didn't see anything in the manual about cutting it down to size. I have the one that is marked for the RV-8. Its probably about 1/4'' too long.

It would be easy to cut, I'm just curious if others have had the same problem.

I installed mine and it was a simple exchange for the Van's parts.
There was no modification of any kind required.
I would double check you don't have the bracket for the pitch servo or something else like that.

I swapped the Dynon mount for the Garmin mount when I installed the G3X system. No mods were required.

Where did you guys get brackets for Garmin servos? I saw them mentioned on the Garmin website, but I can't find them listed there for sale.

GSA 28 brakets available at Aircraft Spruce !

Where did you guys get brackets for Garmin servos? I saw them mentioned on the Garmin website, but I can't find them listed there for sale.

Hello !

I purchase my Garmin Autopilot Servos brackets at Aircraft Spruce. I got them 2 weeks ago. I will start installing them today.

Check out this link:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/stpages/garminG3X-touch_11-11440.php.

You will have to select the RV model you want, plus the roll or pitch bracket. they come separately.

Have fun !

Thanks! It seems pricey for what's in those kits, but I'm sure it would take me hours and hours to fabricate something similar.

RV4 kit ?

While we are on this subject, can anyone share what kit to use for RV4 ROLL servo ? Garmin G3x help desk could only say the universal MIGHT be correct.

I have SteinAir bookmarked for my roll servo mount. Left wing almost done but do not want it sitting around till able to mount it.

AP-RV7810-ROLL-L-DSC02232.jpg

Back