What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Auto-Trim

Jasonm

Well Known Member
I just finished wiring my pitch servo to use the auto-trim feature the G3X touch offers. Obviously this is made to work in conjunction with my elevator trim motor. I have not installed a roll trim motor and was wondering will this cause an issue with the way my pitch servo is wired. Do both servos have to be wired for auto-trim? Is this an "all or nothing" type thing?

Thanks

I just finished wiring my pitch servo to use the auto-trim feature the G3X touch offers. Obviously this is made to work in conjunction with my elevator trim motor. I have not installed a roll trim motor and was wondering will this cause an issue with the way my pitch servo is wired. Do both servos have to be wired for auto-trim? Is this an "all or nothing" type thing?

Thanks

Jason,

I just completed a panel upgrade with dual G3X Touch Screens. There are two wires along with the main a/p harnesses for both trim & pitch that goes to each servo that controls trim. My panel was built by Stein Air and this is how my wiring harnesses came. I have manual aileron trim, so I just cut and used shrink tube to safe off the wires for the roll trim at my panel and programmed the G3X to disable auto roll trim. Hope this helps.

Thanks

They are independent. You can use one without the other. No issues.

So it sounds like I can configure auto-trim for the pitch servo that's using a pitch trim motor (Ray Allen) and disable it for the roll servo that has not trim motor associated with it?

Back