What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Loss of Laurent Ripert

Terry Lutz

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I am very sad to report the loss yesterday of Laurent Ripert, who died when his RV-4 suffered an engine failure on approach to his home airport in Coex, France. He was a man of enthusiasm and energy, and his RV-4 carried to many destinations in Europe and Africa. We last saw him at AirVenture in 2014, and he was planning to join us again this year. It is a tragedy beyond words to realize that he is gone.

very sad

Laurent bought the -4 off me some time ago.

I am tremendously sad to hear about the accident and the death of Laurent. It was a great honour to have met him even though we have not spent so much time together.

Actually later Laurent came to visit us for the Vans RV Meeting 2 years ago and I was very happy to see him. During his stay at EDLT airfield he immediately connected himself with other RV enthusiasts and all the people I have spoken to during the last few days were very very sad and everybody mentioned what a nice guy he was.

I want his friends and family to know that we here are EDLT airfield are with them and that Laurent will be very well remembered.

Farewell!

Back