What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight Track displaying altitude

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
...an update to my previous thread discussing displaying a GPS flight track on the PC. I discovered that the site www.GPSvisualizer.com has an 'altitude' import feature that color codes your altitude on the flight. Look for the 'Colorize by' dropdown box.

I think you can tell where we did some wifferdills. Hope I didn't bust any airspace :eek: .

Pretty cool.

alttx5.jpg

DeltaRomeo said:
...an update to my previous thread discussing displaying a GPS flight track on the PC. I discovered that the site www.GPSvisualizer.com has an 'altitude' import feature that color codes your altitude on the flight. Look for the 'Colorize by' dropdown box.
not just that! In the same menu, you should also change "altitude mode" to "extruded" so your ground track is clearly visualized as well as your GPS altitude, and also check "add time stamps" to "yes" so that your resulting KML/KMZ file becomes time-stamped, and the time slider control will appear on your Google Earth page. Very neat feature!

I plotted all of my commercial maneuvers on GE, and the eights-on-pylons were looking great, including the effect of the wind on the relative diameter of one of the lobes of the eight... :D

Ciao, Luca

Back