What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Labeling Hardware Bins

Jim P

Well Known Member
I'll put this under tools for lack of a better place but this was an idea our local EAA Chapter was interested in so I figured I'd post here:

In short, to organize my hardware (this is beyond the unbag or keep in bags debate), I use several plastic trays, the ones with about 20 smaller sections and a hinged cover, and have one tray each for AN3, AN4s, AN5s, Nuts, Washers, Screws, AN Fittings, Rivets, Gromets, etc. In order to label these, I created a bunch of Word Documents formatted to the Avery 8167 labels (Return Address label). If it helps anyone, I have the link here: http://www.adap.com/rv7/ideas.htm

If you get a password request, just hit <cancel> and it will download.

Jim

Labeling for New Guys

When I did my inventorying and putting away in little plastic drawers, I was fearful I'd mess up so I labeled according to bag number as well as according to contents. It has proven very useful several times.

An alternative

Inexpensive Brother label makers are great for identifying wires behind the instrument panel, making up custom placards, and labeling hardware bins. Using a wide variety of tape sizes and colors, you can also adjust the font, size, borders, margin....etc.

fueltanks02315hv1.jpg
fueltanks02415sc4.jpg
gps2edited15pgzy9.jpg

Back