What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB primer

ge9a

Well Known Member
I don't want to start an argument or uprising with this thread, but I would like some input on what others are doing regarding priming QB parts. I sincerely doubt anyone has experienced my current dilemma, and that is that I used AFS's water-based primer for my empennage (I really like it for it's ease of use, etc.), and now I have QB parts with something else altogther for a primer (BTW, what exactly is the primer that comes on the QB kits?). I made the decision to go with the AFS product before I decided to go the QB route, so now I'm trying to figure out what I should use on the QB parts that need to be primed. I don't think I should use the water-based primer on any of the QB parts because they will most likely be riveted to a part that has another primer on it. And if I did use the AFS product on the QB parts, wouldn't it make painting the airplane virtually impossible? As I understand it, any top coat material needs to be compatible with (which probably means "manufactured by") the primers they are covering, or coming in contact with?

Am I worrying about this too much? Any input, suggestions, or watch-outs would be appreciated.

Greg English
Just starting on the QB wings

Back