What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jacksonville, FL

usnrph

Is anyone in the Jacksonville/Orange Park/Green Cove Springs area building an RV and like some help bucking rivets?
I'm interested in building an RV (9A?) and want to get some practical experience in what I hope will be a fantastic experience.
Thanks.

I was wonder about that too..

I would hate to have ?Illegal rivet driving? on my permanent record.

I hope you get some rebel to step up and show you how it's done. Good luck to you.

I did hear that about the city of Jacksonville (Duval County). I live in Orange Park (Clay County), just south of Jax. So I hope that stupid ruling does not affect us across the lake. Might have to put in some extra insulation in the garage just in case. ;)
Thanks.

white pages

Check Doug Reeves white pages. I know there is a 9A builder in Waycross, and at least one in south georgia. I'm sure there are some others closer to you though. Any RV under construction will give you a sample of what it takes to build. They pretty much all go together the same with the same construction processes with minor differences among the different models. I built a 9A in Gainesville, but I recently moved. By the way, I couldn't be happier with my Vans Aircraft. take care and good luck with your decision to build. jack

RV-9A in Jax area

There is a gentleman building an RV-9A quick build at CRG. I completed a slow build 9A in 2005. Based at 55J (Fernandina). Contact me and I can put you in touch with him.

Thank you; will follow up with your suggestions.

I'd like to work with someone on any RV being constructed because, like you say, they all seem to be put together basically the same way.

I just moved from San Diego and saw quite a few beautiful examples of various RVs at the EAA14 meeting at Brown Field (SDM) every month. Can't wait to get started building my own.

Also, I'd like to fly in an RV - especially a 9A or 8A since that's what I'm interested in right now. All expenses are on me of course.
Thanks again.
rnd

Rob,
You are welcome to join us at our EAA 1379 meeting (http://eaa1379.org/), the second Sat. of each month, 10AM. The chapter meets at the "Dreamland Squadron" (four old Navy attack pilots) hanger "ready room" at Haller Air Park, 7FL4, which is 6 miles south of Green Cove Springs. I fly an RV-4 and Pat Lee flies an RV-7. We have two members building RV-8s and one has just completed his RV-7A, which we will test fly Dec. 13. Either Pat or I would be happy to give you a ride, buy you can't pay. We are always looking for another reason to fly anyway.

[email protected]

See you next month...

Thanks Dave.
I have been to Haller Air Park a few times. Once I flew out in a friend's Cherokee Six that he keeps there; also made the 15 minute drive down there twice.
Hope to meet you at your next EAA meeting.

Back