What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HF's Pnuematic Paint Shaker

briand

Well Known Member
Anyone ever use one of these I just bought one and all it will do is blow air/oil mixture around.

I bought one almost 2 years ago and have used it a lot since. Its worked great for me. I haven't had any problems at all. I've got the thing bolted to a table made of 2x4s, which is itself nailed into the studs of my workshop. Shaking a gallon of paint will shake the entire shop with it! Works good.

Thanks for the reply.

I just clamped the shaker down to try again this morning, I fully recharged my air tank, cranked it up and nothing. I started to get angry and decided to grab those can clamps and see how this thing moves. After an initial VERY hard jerk it broke free so I continued to work it in for about 20 or so strokes, turned the air back on and the thing fired up. Must have been siezed up or something. I'll bolt it down and throw a can on and see how it works.

I borrowed a very old pneumatic paint shaker while painting my -8. It worked great as long as I didn't oil it. After I loaned it to someone and they oiled it, I had to take it apart and clean all the oil out. Turns out the seals were very old and dry-rotted. It worked for awhile after that but finally gave out.

Karl

Back