What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pensacola Fl.

rv8pilot

Hi Guys

I will be starting my new job in Pensacola first week of jan. 2007 and would like to meet RV-flyers and builders in the area,I have checked the white pages,seems like there are 2 RV8s in the area,I will try and give them a call
when I am out off the jetlag!!!!

sincerly
Jorn Moller
Denmark
OY-RVS RV8
O-360 300 hours

Last edited:
Hi Jorn,

Looks like a long way to go for a job :)

There are a number of RV's in the Pensacola area, and I can name 3 flying RV-8's just at my airport (2R4). Look for us when you get here.

Cheers,
Rusty

Hi Jorn,

I'm still building on my RV-7A in Panama City Beach, FL (About a 100 miles via auto). There are a couple RVs at PFN (Panama City). One RV-8 and a RV-6A.

Danny Smith

I just moved to the panhandle as well. I live in Panama City. I've got a flying RV-7, and have flown with 2 other RVs in the last couple of weeks. We're usually going somewhere for food on the weekend - the more the merrier!

Dave

Danny-
I'd love to drop in and see you project / offer any help. I'm hangared over on Sandy Creek and have just recently started flying with Chapter 202. I'd be glad to take you up in the -7 if you're interested.

Dave

Hi Jorn,
I've got a RV-7 being built in Lillian, AL just west of Pensacola and my friend is building a 7 just east of Pensacola in Navarre. Send me an email when you get into town and we will give you a tour.

Dave,
If your looking for a little outing come visit over in LA (Lower Alabama) right next to Pensacola. I've got a hanger on a private strip and am building a RV-7

Rocky,

What's the name of the private strip you're on. I fly my -7 from Pascagoula to Milton on most weekends. I always fly right over that area.

I was wondering the same thing. Actually, I was hoping you would give Tobin somewhere else to hang out :D

Rusty

Rocky-
Thanks for the invite! I will definitely take you up on your offer. Do you have coordinates or can you describe where your strip is? I was flying around the Pensacola area today - couldn't stay on the ground with this kind of weather. Vector me in, and we can go flying!

Dave

Sorry I never saw any posts further on this topic till this evening. Tobin and everyone. I'm at Shields Field in Lillian, AL. It's on the NOLA sectional, and is located about 1 mile west of perdido bay and 1 mi north of HWY 98. It should be easy to see as we now have about 12 hangars there. Dave I live off Nantahala (midway water) in Gulf Breeze/Midway area. Neal George is building a 7 out in East Holley by the sea. Do you know him?

What's the latest update on RV's in the panhandle?

I'm PCS ing to Duke Field in December and looking for hangar space for my RV-4 in the Crestview/Milton/Pensacola/Sherman Field area. I don't think I'm interested in Eglin AFB Aero club since the planes would be outside.

Thanks!

I was at Milton recently with my RV-6 and met a great bunch of RV guys there. I think they all had hangars. Some of them may be on this site. Great airport, close to the military bases and not too far from the beaches.

Just called Milton and I'm #12 on the waiting list. Any folks there have room for an RV-4 in their hangar? It looks like they have some huge hangars there.

PNS

Check out Ferguson Airport great little airport just in there last week with my RV and was welcomed.
850-453-4181 airport #
Bob

Check out Ferguson Airport great little airport just in there last week with my RV and was welcomed.
850-453-4181 airport #
Bob

Waiting list at Ferguson too. I can't wait to finish out my AF pilot commitment and live with my airplane wherever I chose to live! I'm shocked at how few options there are in NW Florida. Anyone want to build a grass strip?

Anyone have a hangar at Destin? I hear they are about $500 per month but there is an option to buy. Anyone know?

Back