What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Panel Update

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
...just posted on the factory site.

(from Ken Scott)
We've been taking advantage of the poor weather to complete the instrument panel in the RV-12. Today Rob Hickman of Advanced Flight Systems oversaw the installation of his new unit in the RV-12 panel. When we flipped the master switch, everything booted up and here's the result.

12_full_panel_sm.jpg

images courtesy Van's Aircraft, Inc.

Looks like what I want in my RV-7 panel. The difference in attitudes on the two EFII is interesting.

svanarts said:
The difference in attitudes on the two EFII is interesting.

Looks like they probably haven's set a pitch offset in one or the other yet.....

Paul

svanarts said:
Looks like what I want in my RV-7 panel. The difference in attitudes on the two EFII is interesting.

The pilot gets to set on the side of the plane with the better performance. :D

Kent

Same?

Isn't the attitude the same on both EFIS displays? They are just different types of markers but it looks to me that they are both about one bar up.
Just my 2 cents could be wrong wouldn't be the first time.

I like both of the displays.

Some interesting things pop out of that photo:

- Van went back to floor mounted rudders. I like the top mounted ones in my -6 because they allowed me to really stretch-out on x-c flights.

- Only six fuses in the whole aircraft. I like the simplicity of that.

- Whoever made the panel labels should not be allowed to do it again.

_ What is the center tunnel for?

RV6junkie said:
- Whoever made the panel labels should not be allowed to do it again.

I imagine the crude labels are there for the same reason the plane is not painted. It's just a proof of concept aircraft so aesthetics aren't very high on the priority list.

What does a panel like that cost? I assume LSA/VFR pilots would only buy one EFIS display.

Back