What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Painters in southeast

Scott Will

Well Known Member
Any recommendations for aircraft painters in the southeast region?

People have approached me and said they could do it if I took the wings off. YEAH RIGHT! This is an -A model and those wings won't be coming off just for fun.

p1020055.jpg

on the ramp at 19A

Scott,
Call Lee Strickland in Sandersville (478-232-7544). My plane is the first RV he is doing with the wings on. He has access to a hangar (not sure for how long) on the field and that's where my -9 is right now. He takes the control surfaces and fiberglass to his shop for painting. Seems like all the RVs up there are painted by him and they look great. Lee's a great guy, too.

I'm having Bobbie Potts of Tuscaloosa Interiors paint my Rocket right now. He's done other RVs as well. He uses a base coat/clear coat system and he buffs your entire airplane. Great work at a good price.

Yes, Lee...

Hi Scott,
I know Lee personally and the guy is a great painter and honest also. I've seen many of the airplanes that have come out of Sandersville.......very good work.

The wings on a -7A are a piece of cake to remove....so few bolts and Ray Lawrence at the airport (478 232 9560) Kaolin Aviation, will gladly remove them for you since the airplane can remain on the gear; not so with a -6A.
Regards,

While I appreciate the plug for Lee in Sandersville, I stand firm - the wings are not coming off! Any guys around that can do a whole plane?

Thanks!
Scott

Painter??

Hey Scott, you talked to Doug Ripley? I heard he was painting up at Mathis. I think he could do it in one piece.
I think somebody's still painting up at Jackson County too.
Good Luck!

Painting in Gulf Shores, Alabama

Hey Guys.

I have a QB 7A coming next week. I have been doing all the usual research on just about everything. There is a paint shop located on the field at the Gulf Shores, (Jack Edwards), airport. My son and I checked in with him for a quote on mine. His price was "$4000-5000." He can do it without taking wings off. I thought the price was a tad hi considering there's no stripping of old paint but it's the only place I've checked. He does do nice work though. I've seen several other aircraft he's painted.

Regards
Paul Gray
RV 7A QB
Foley, Al

Yeah I flew into Air Acres and saw Doug's place. He said he'd be happy to do it if I took the wings off. He only has a small paint booth there.

Someone at LZU said there's a guy who paints at Mallard's Landing... anyone seen his work or have his name?

Greg Harless does some painting at Mallards. PM, or call (770/841-6128) me for his phone number.

Mark

Paint Shop Griffin Ga.

Try Tony Dias. He just build a hanger at Griffin 6A2. He has been a painter for a long time. He has done several RVs.
Phone 770-233-4600
Fax 770-233-8800
1-800-309-4800

Back