What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

News From Garmin

Brantel

Well Known Member
The newsrelease from Garmin states that the WASS upgrade for the 430 is approved and soon to be available.

I am confused, at the end it states that the upgrade will cost $1,500 but the new 430W will cost $10,750.00
how does this add up?

Well, Gulf Coast Avionics has the 430 for $6,895 for experimentals and $8,995 for installed/certified prices. Add a bit more more for the better capabilities and also consider that they're talking about list price ... $10,750 is about right. When these are widely available they'll be in the $7,000 range, I'd bet.

-Rick

Also, I think the $1500 upgrade price may have an expiration on it. If you buy a 430 today, it might be more to upgrade to the W. I've just heard that rumor, so I don't know if it's true.

For those of you interested in the Garmin WAAS upgrade and recent issues with the 480 certificaton, check out Tom Rogers' new article "Latest On WAAS For The 400/500 Series Units Including The GNS 480"

http://www.avionicswest.com/updatepage.htm#93455

Tom sorts through the smoke with more insight and colum inches than most other articles that appear in the trade mags. While at his site, brouse around for his other informative articles.

Enjoy,

Robert Saltsman
Flying 8
Building another 8
Lutherville, MD

Last edited:
Back