What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vacuum Cover Plate

Rick RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello . . .

Like a lot of folks, I will not be installing a vacuum pump. What plate do I use to cover where the vacuum pump used to go on the accessory case? Anyone have a part number or place to order it from?

If it helps, I have a Lycoming O-360 C2A (a conical mount O-360 A1A).

Thanks . . .

Rick

Parts...

Rick,

Looks like it's a 60430 "Cover, vacuum pump" with a standard 8313 gasket.

If you already have the long studs installed, then four 68593 spacers and 1/4 - 20 hardware (nut, plain washer, internal tooth washer) is also needed.

From an O-320 parts catalog, but the vacuum pumps are standard.

The catalog shows that you keep the adapter assembly on the case - the bit that holds the gear and drive shaft for the pump.

hope this helps.... gil in Tucson

Thanks Gil!

I'm a little confused by what you said about " . . .the catalog shows that you keep the adapter assembly on the case - the bit that holds the gear and drive shaft for the pump".

Can you explain what you mean here?

Thanks again,

Rick

Looks like a spacer

Rick RV-4 said:
Thanks Gil!

I'm a little confused by what you said about " . . .the catalog shows that you keep the adapter assembly on the case - the bit that holds the gear and drive shaft for the pump".

Can you explain what you mean here?

Thanks again,

Rick

Rick,

The bit that looks like a spacer about an inch thick, that the vacuum pump mounted on.... gil A

Back