What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lightspeed

n2faith2

FWIW......I am exceptionally impressed with the customer service I recently experienced with Lightspeed. I called with a problem re the 20xlc I purchased 3 years ago. It would periodically go "mono" on me. Duane told me to send it to them and they'd look at it. They sent me an e-mail when they rec'd it. They than sent me an e-mail notifying me it had been fixed and, additionally, they replaced the mic muff, headpad, and ear seals. All at NO COST. They accomplished this with NO HASSLES and returned it in 3 days. I wish all vendors were such a pleasure to deal with after they get your $$$.

Bill
RV10 N545RV
Flying
RV6 sold

world class

now that is what makes a company world class.. and dont nobody give me no lip about how its because of the price in the beginning. all anr headsets are sky high esp bose and the like. :D

Customer Service is GREAT. I am on my second SET of Lightspeed headsets. They WORK GREAT! My first two sets were the 25XL. Both served me well but both needed to go back for repairs. After several more years of use, they were needing service again. I did the upgrade to the Thirty 3G. They also work great. I like them MUCH better than the 25 XL. Both of Thirty 3Gs also have been returned for service.

I do not like returning anything for service. I have NEVER needed to return my David Clarks for service. If David Clark made an ANR set that worked as well as the Lightspeed with the durability that my old 10-40 headsets, I would buy them.

Everytime I sent the Lightspeed headsets in for repair, they would use the same method to return them. If I sent them UPS ground, it would take 3 days to get there, 3 days before they would fix them, and 3 days to get back. Sending Over Nite, it would take 1 day to get there, 1 day after they got there before they would look at them and then 1 day to get back to me.

Would I buy another set? Maybe. If there were something else that worked as well that NEVER needed customer service, I would buy it.

I guess my only complaint is that Lightspeeds need to be repaired about every other year. I bought one of the original 20K headsets at Oshkosh '96. This was before they had even advertised. I have sent them back at least 6-8 times. Lighspeed had always been good about repairing them no-charge, even replacing the ear and head cushions. The fabric falls off the cushions very fast. I had to send the headset back about 2 months ago and was told that Lightspeed no longer supports this headset. They would try to fix it but if any of the parts were out of stock, then they couldn't fix it. In that case, my only choice would be to pay $200 to upgrade. :mad:

Fortunately it was only a bad cord and I was charged $30 for the new cushions. While I have gotten my moneys worth out of the headset, I just don't think the Lightspeeds are durable enough... and they are discontinuing support for older headsets. I've never heard of David Clark doing that.

I'm afraid I won't be buying another Lightspeed. I may have to try the in-the-ear setup that Ironflight is using, sounds like lots of people really like it.

Karl

Back