What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dunnellon (X35) Aerobatics contest/Fly-in

Ivan Kristensen

Well Known Member
I don't know if everyone is aware that there is a full scale aerobatic (IAC) contest at the Dunnellon airport (X35) this coming weekend Friday-Saturday Mar. 13-14th.

The airport will be Notam'ed accordingly but is not closed. Just be aware of the "Aerobatic Box" generally on the west side of the field may be "HOT" when you arrive. Use caution and listen carefully on the unicom freq. 122.8

Along with this event Jesse Saint (Saint Aviation) is hosting a fly-in at his hangar at the NE corner of the airport where I will be helping him cook Burgers and Brats for lunch both days. C'mon over and join us.

100LL fuel is currently $3.43gal. at (X35) which is amongst the lowest anywhere in Central Florida

Hope to see you there.
Ivan Kristensen

The best procedure for flying in is to enter a downwind then base leg for the active runway and not get closer than 1 mile from the field until on final. Make a lot of radio calls.

I probably should mention, we will be hanging out at the I-TEC hangar. Planes flying in can park in the grass across the taxiway or down on the ramp. Cars will be available for those who want to grab a bite to eat in town.

Back