What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview, Tru-Trak, GTN

Weasel

Well Known Member
If a GNT series Garmin GPS is used as an ARINC input to the Skyview, Can the Skyview output comands for both ILS and LVP approaches? Current setup has the Trutrak connected directly to the GNT and Flys GPS approaches great but will not fly the ILS.

SkyView will not convert the ILS data to make it look like a GPS, which is the only way most TruTrak systems will fly an ILS. You'll need our autopilot to do that or a more expensive TruTrak.

Weasel,

Which autopilot do you have? The Sorcerer will fly the ILS directly from the GTN navigator. If you have a Vizion, we will be working on adding ILS/VOR tracking functionality from the Skyview later this year. This will add functionality similar to what we have with the other experimental EFIS units. If you have a Digiflight II, we can upgrade to the Vizion. Just let me know!

Hi Lucus, currently I have the Digiflight II but I am on your list to upgrade to the Gemini AP.

Lucas, with the expected upgrade ILS capabilities, will there be any benifits to sourcing the ARINC from an EFIS vs just running it directly from the GPS/NAV?

Lucas, with the expected upgrade ILS capabilities, will there be any benifits to sourcing the ARINC from an EFIS vs just running it directly from the GPS/NAV?

At this time the Skyview doesn't output any ARINC steering commands so you would be best to leave it connected to the GPS.

Does that same ILS issue apply to the grt efis units feeding Trutrak vsvg or 385?

A GRT Hx HS or HXr will take ILS data from an SL30 or 430, 650, etc., and send ARINC commands to an autopilot. So if your autopilot can take ARINC commands then you're all set.

Back