What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NEW PAINT MANUFACTURER WARNING!!!!!

PainterJohn

Well Known Member
Hey guys,
I have a warning about a new paint manufacturer. I few months ago a sales rep came to my shop, with a very slick sales pitch and promising unbelievable quality with his product. I purchased some based on his recommendations. I spoke with the factory tech people, got all the info and step by steps. I prepped and painted a motorcycle, as a test, the same way i have been painting for years. This company's products were used from the ground up, as recomended, with the exception of base color (they do not manufacture and color) primer, sealer, clear, reducer, sand paper, tape, mask paper, everything that they sell i used on this bike. I have been painting professionally for 12 years, and prior to that i have painted as a hobby for 8 or 9 years. I have NEVER seen worse products in my life. Everything they sold me reacted with the step below it, thier mask paper allowed overspray *from my airbrush* to soak straight through. Thier clear refused to dry in less that 36 hours (temps were good, mix ratio was as instructed, and film build was normal) airbrush work with thier material, caused major reactions. their masking tape delaminated leaving the sticky stuff behind, removing the sticky stuff, pulled the clear off the base color. Customer support was non-exsisting, the rep has not been seen since, even after dozens of messages i left him. I know we are all looking for in-expensive finishes and supplies, but for the love of god STAY AWAY FROM RUBBER SEAL PRODUCTS!!!!

Back