What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV's in Bankstown, Mudgee, Dubbo or Narromine? (AUS)

Staunch111

Well Known Member
Hey All, I'm wondering if anyone has an RV7 or 9 I could have a look at. I'm 1min from Bankstown airport and will be in Mudgee, Dubbo and Narromine next week. Uncompleted project or flying -I'd love to check it out - and maybe get some advice.

Thanks
Simon

There sure are.

I'm at Bankstown. They're all hangared, though, so they're hard to find. There's at least a couple of -7s, an -8, a -10, and my -6.

When are you going to be around?

I think there's one or two at Dubbo and Mudgee. Definitely some at Narromine (HQ for the SAAA).

- mark

Wedderburn & Maitland

G'day Simon,

Eddie Seve has an RV-7 at Wedderburn.
I have an RV-7 at Maitland - phone 0418 570768

Regards

Shame I didn't see this earlier.
I was out at the hangar most of the day today. I may or may not be there over the weekend.
I'll definately be there at some stage next week.

As mark says, there's at least 4xRV7 2xRV10 1xRV8 1xRV6 and a Rocket that I know of.

PM your details and I'll let you know if I'm heading out in the next few days.

Cheers

Mark, Bob, Richard and Pete thanks for responding. Richard sent you a PM. Pete, ill be in Mudgee on Friday afternoon from 1- 6 pm. Let me know if that possibly works for you. As for this weekend in literally 1 min from Bankstown airport having just relocated to the area so thought i would take the opportunity of reaching out and seeing who's around.

Hey all,
I'm building an RV-7 back in the US, but am sitting in Bankstown as the pilot of the big orange Erickson Skycrane helicopter.
Stop by and say hello if given the chance.
Jeff

Jeff
I am unable to take up your offer (I'm 600 miles away), but thanks for all you and your colleages do over our fire season. Beyond praise!
John

Last edited:
Hi Simon,

I'll be at Wedderburn tomorrow morning, it's our work day clean up.

M 0402 829 966

If the weather permits I can take you for a fly.

Jeff the same offer is open to you if you'd like to do some RV flying.

Cheers
Eddie

0416-202-223, send me a text message, there are a few places where we could fly to lunch within easy reach on Bankstown.

- mark

Met up with Staunch111 at Bankstown today.

I had no idea that he's not only a new builder (only just inventoried!) but had never flown in an RV before! Ye gods, how could that be?

So we fixed that, quick smart. Out to the North for a run up the beaches, back via the Bankstown lane of entry, out towards Warragamba, then return via Prospect.

Always need to make sure the RV Grin is properly aligned, dimpled, deburred, and permanently installed before starting the rest of the kit, eh?

Any other builders or RV pilots in the Sydney area: I think he'll appreciate help and advice. He has the kit, and is umm'ing and err'ing about whether to buy a flying aircraft. Reach out, I think he's interested in hearing opinions.

(RV Grin picture was taken by another guest, an RV-6A builder from the UK who I also took flying. We'll need to wait for the photo here, though, he didn't bring a laptop with him so won't be exacting photos from his flash cards until he gets back to England)

- mark

Hi All, i would like to publicly thank Mark for showing off his RV6 out at Bankstown today. And yes, i can confirm that was my very first RV experience which planted an RV grin from ear to ear. Couldnt wipe it off my face:) The Mrs thought i was cheating on her. Lol Would definitely like to talk to builders of 7 and 9's about specific aspects of their build. Thanks Mark and big thank you to VANS, VAF and the RV community as a whole - Simon.

Last edited:
Hey all,
I'm building an RV-7 back in the US, but am sitting in Bankstown as the pilot of the big orange Erickson Skycrane helicopter.
Stop by and say hello if given the chance.
Jeff

Jeff, i didn't get a chance to stop in and say hi this afternoon but hopefully next Sunday if your around - Simon

Better late than never: Here's Staunch111 in SOL's passenger seat with his RV grin. John emailed this to me a week ago, I have a small housemoving issue and I'm only just getting to it!

P1010445.JPG

Back