What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Updated ADSB rules!!!

Yes, Joel this is good news for us. It has been discussed on this forum and others in several threads.
Because of this change I have ordered 2 NavWorx ADS600-EXP units. Now to figure out what display to use for fis-b...

Don't know how I missed that one. Was off the grid for a couple of weeks earlier this month. Looked around before posting and was surprised it was not up here yet!

My panel, transponder, Dynon ADSB, and all electronics are already purchased and installed. Left a space in the panel for a "TSO'd" GPS. Have a few years to get that one worked out. Hopefully it will work out in our favor.

Oh, boy?

We have been changing out our game plan, and are installing the new Garmin G3X touch. We have been concerned about weather the GPS unit in the G3X would have to have a WAAS added to the set-up in 2020. I think the unit in the new G3X dose meat the standards, but is not "T.S.O.ed". My simple question would be. Dose this mean we will be OK for ADS-B after 2020 with the no-TSOed reporting of the G3X with the 23-ES transponder, by this new wording?? Yours as always. R.E.A. III

FYI, the relevent performance standards are a bit lenghty. Not sure how one shows to the FAA that their device meets the performance specs without a lot of work.
RTCA performance specifications:
DO-260B for the 1090 OUT requirement- 1410 pages
DO-282B for the 978Mhz UAT OUT- 684 pages
DO-229D for the GPS source - 564 pages.

Back