What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Good Deal on Torque Screwdrivers

I received my screwdriver yesterday. It seems to work good, I set it for 12 in-lbs, tightened a tank screw and it "felt" about right. I will try to get the calibration checked before I use it much because the calibration sticker is dated July 1985 but the driver still looks new, unused and appears to be really high in quality.

briand said:
I received my screwdriver yesterday. It seems to work good, I set it for 12 in-lbs, tightened a tank screw and it "felt" about right. I will try to get the calibration checked before I use it much because the calibration sticker is dated July 1985 but the driver still looks new, unused and appears to be really high in quality.
Those are probably New Old Stock (NOS) calibrated at the factory in 1985. There seems to be a batch of them floating around in the market. For example...

http://cz452.com/JulyTorque/UticaTS35.html

I suspect they're all in great condition, but just need to have the calibration checked.

HEY!!!

Mine just arrived today and is seems WICKED GOOD!

This is "the" cheap torque screwdriver we have all been waiting for!

I haven't done a "torque-off" with more expensive units, but I will let ya know how it fares!

I think that for all intents and purposes, this is a great tool!

Thanks for the tip, Bri!

:D CJ

I have mine with me at work now (6:00AM EST) and the cal. guy said he'll check it for me when he gets in. I'll let you know how it does.

Back