What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trio plumbing

Bill Boyd

Well Known Member
How does one connect nylon tubing to the fittings on the back of the Pro Pilot control head? They are .250" barrels with a slotted .280" shoulder and a hollow bore that is not threaded. I've not a clue how one is supposed to connect nylon tubing or fittings to this.

-Bill B

I think you're supposed to use 1/4" ID tubing (surgical, etc) as a coupler between the pitot tubing and the fitting on the back of the control head. I had the same question and I racall that is what trio said. I used about a 2" piece.

I think you're supposed to use 1/4" ID tubing (surgical, etc) as a coupler between the pitot tubing and the fitting on the back of the control head. I had the same question and I racall that is what trio said. I used about a 2" piece.

A good choice is clear vinyl tubing. A great selection of this stuff can be found in the aviation department of your local big box building supply store (Lowes, Home Despot, etc). The surgical stuff can deteriorate and turn to dust over time. Rubber automotive hose will also work.

Last edited:
That I can do

And thanks for the suggestions. I was afraid I might be overlooking a more elegant but less obvious solution. Wonder why Trio doesn't assemble their units with standard 1/8 NPT?!

And thanks for the suggestions. I was afraid I might be overlooking a more elegant but less obvious solution. Wonder why Trio doesn't assemble their units with standard 1/8 NPT?!

I don't know but I'm sure Trio has a very good reason--those guys are sharp.

I asked them the same question. They said 1/4 tubing. When I did the pitot-static check it was leaking a tiny bit at the static port. Put a zip tie on it to see if it fixes the problem, and it did. I have since changed it to a half inch length of 3/8 tubing over the 1/4 tubing, which keeps it really snug on the stainless barrel.

Lenny

Back