What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Job in New Zealand

knut

Hello friends from New Zealand,

I'm writing you from Germany. My daughter is traveling with three friends since six weeks around New Zealand with a work and travel visa. Unfortunately, they had only very shortly the opportunity to work and earned not much money. Because they want to stay until April, they have to make money. Maybe the RV-Pilots from New Zealand can help us. Do you have work for four young people? Do you know somebody who has jobs? They are two boys and two girls, 19 to 22 years old and speak English very well. They would dearly like to work on a plantation or farm, care for children, work in the restaurant or a factory. They have two cars and are flexible. Currently they are on the North Island. From January they want to explore the South Island.
If you can help me please send a PM. If they can not find work, they come back soon, or I have to pay. Then the RV-9A will be never finished ;)

Thanks Knut

http://www.wwoof.co.nz/

Try this. There are plenty of places NZ wide where you can work in exchange for accommodation and often times food.

Marlborough / Blenheim (wine), Nelson / Motueka (all sorts of fruit growing), Canterbury down to Otago (dairy and various horticulture), Central Otago (fruit and wine), Southland (dairy).

They shouldn't have trouble finding work if they are willing to work hard and as we are coming into summer there are numerous jobs around in tourist places for seasonal restaurant and hospitality staff.

Have a look on www.seek.co.nz also for jobs.

Hope that helps in some way.

I mailed this information to the other side of the world to my daughter and friends. They found a wwoofing place and with beginning of december a fruit picking job.
Thanks Dragonfly.

Back