What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shielding CWS on TruTrak Digiflight II

macrafic

Well Known Member
My Infinity stick grip does not have shielded wire attached to the CWS switch. The TruTrak manual indicates that CWS is sensitive and, if I detect interference, I should shield the CWS wire at both ends (switch and A/P control module).

I would like to know what others' experiences have been. I have received a response from TruTrak that they have never seen interference but, it is theoretically possible.

Has ANYBODY seen interference with a non-shielded configuration? I am inclined to take a chance and NOT rewire my stick grip, but knowing that it would be a big pain later. Looking for experiences.

I have installed several TT auto pilots. I always use just a single non shield wire in the control stick and a common ground for all of the functions in the stick. Never had or heard of any problems doing it this way.

I have never used shielded wire for the CWS. It is simply grounding a pin on the TruTrak. I installed one today and it worked perfectly. I did use a shielded pair to run from the stick grip to the auto pilot, but it was an Infinity stick grip. I just used the shielded pair because it was easier to route and connect one wire instead of two. I usually ground the one side locally and run a single wire to the TruTrak (or Dynon, etc.) auto pilot.

Back