What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question on Dynon servos for RV-7

Darin Watson

Well Known Member
Friend
My next upgrade will be enabling the AP functionality on the D10A. My question is there any issues or downside to the SV32 that one should consider the SV42 servos?

I understand the point regarding smallest, lightest and lowest drag that does the job is the right one...so just thought I would ask if the SV32 is marginal in any regards.

Thanks!

I used the SV32s and they have worked just fine. My only difficulty has been adjusting the settings to tune out the roll oscillations (wing wag) in turbulence.
Not related to the choice of servo.
I love having an autopilot. Makes navigating through congested airspace so much easier and safer.

When we were testing the AP servos before they were released, the short wing RV's didn't have any issues with the 32.

With my -9 we had to upsize the roll servo to a 42 but left the 32 for the pitch servo.

I had a 32 for roll, 42 for pitch. Problem with the 42, it went back to Dynon and I asked for a 32 as a replacement. On a turbulent day either will slip on occasion. Pitch will slip more often if not trimmed properly. Not a big deal. Save the weight--go 32's.

Back