What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

German RV-Corner

Flying-Joe

I'm New Here
Currently I am spending many sleepless nights over the decision which RV I am going to build. It is not a question anymore IF I will built one, the only thing that puzzles me is if it is gonna be a -9 or -12.
I have done a lot of research on that question but I am sure that the best way would be to meet builders in person. So I would be more than happy if someone out there in the area around D?sseldorf can share his/her exeriences in building, maintaining and - most important - flying an RV with me and it would be great if we could meet in person.
Furthermore I think it would be a great thing to have something like a "German-Corner" on vansairforce so we can share our experiences among the VAN'S community in Germany.
As I am just stepping into the community all kinds of informations and networking is highly appreciated!
Thank you very much for your help and looking forward to meeting you!

Hi Flying-Joe,

you should have gone to Telgte last May, there was a RV-meeting with lots of RV`s. And there are some RV owners in your area so it should be easy to meet them.
Check out www.rvforum.de

Germany

Hi Flying Joe,

the 'German Corner' exists already - check out http://rvforum.de/.

You are welcome to check out my project - I'm near Montabaur- should be 1 1/2 hours by car from your place. Nearest air field is EDFY (Limburg Elz) - I can pick you up there.

Cheers

Thilo
RV 8A
Installing engine

Joe, Welcome to the good ship VAF. Members in Germany have already chimed. I hope you can together with a few of them but don't forget the collective brain trust of VAF. Someone here has been there, done that and can answer any questions you have.

Best of luck in your choice and keep us informed on your decision.

Last edited:
Thank you very much guys for the quick help! Much appreciated! I will use the rvforum.de as recommended and post there as well!
Thanks a lot Thilo for the nice invite. I hope I can manage to pop by one day in the next months! Would be great to see your RV8 project!

Happy landings

Joe

Back