What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's newcomer wondering...

Guylookingup

I'm New Here
I have started thinking seriously about building a Quickbuild RV-8 and was wondering if there are any RV-8 owners around the Baxley/Vidalia area or Central GA. A friend of mine is finishing up his RV-7 and I have been reading up on the company and aircraft. I have subscribed to "The RVator" and have ordered the "From the Ground Up" video series from the EAA. I believe I have a building to build it in so it is just a matter of finding an RV-8 in my area to look at, sit in, and,hopefully, take a short ride in one to see how it feels. I am 6'1" 200 pounds and like the tandem seating arrangement.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw this out to see if I could find anybody locally. I am planning on attending the EAA meeting in Vidalia next weekend to introduce myself and see what is going on around this area.

Thank you!

If you can make your way to Atlanta, Id be happy to take you for a ride.
There is a pancake breakfast tomorrow at EAA690 KLZU. Can show you around quite a few RV's.
Best

RV-8 invitation

Thank you Kahuna for the invitation! I would not be able to get up there tomorrow due to my work schedule; however, I will keep you in mind if I am coming up to Atlanta. Providing I decide to proceed with the RV-8, I do plan on attending the Alexander Technical Center tailkit assembly course. I would love to try to make it coincide with a weekend fly-in up there. Either way though, Atlanta is not all that far...especially for an opportunity to go for a ride.

Thank you again for your invitation and hospitality. I do appreciate it!

Kahuna said:
If you can make your way to Atlanta, Id be happy to take you for a ride.
There is a pancake breakfast tomorrow at EAA690 KLZU. Can show you around quite a few RV's.
Best
I'll be there.

I have a flying 8 in Athens, and I might be inclined to get to Vidalia at some point. There are a number of us willing, and Kahuna makes a good point, that monthly pancake breakfast is always a good place to hook up.

Let me know if I can help.

-8 Ride

I almost always around on the weekends, be glad to give you an -8 ride. Based at Covington. Wouldn't be as exiting as a ride with Kahana tho!
Just shoot me an email.

Thank you!

I just wanted to say thank you to those making offers to help familiarize me with the RV-8. I cannot make it up there for the next couple weekends; however, I would be interested in coming up after that. I'll make arrangements in a couple weeks. Again, than you for the invitation.

Closer

Hi. I'm even closer at Louisville, Ga (2J3). It's a 6A though but you're welcome to come up,
Regards,

Rv-6 is nice!!

Hello Pierre!

I found Louisville and it's just a 90 minute drive. Perhaps this next Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon (if you are going to be around) I could come on up and have you introduce me to the RV-6(A). I do appreciate all of you being as willing as you have been about showing me the airplane. I'll get in touch wit you by e-mail.

Thanks again everybody!

Sylvania

Hi again Guy,
My buddy, Robby Knox has a beautiful -8 that he keeps hangared at Sylvania which he flew to LOE in New Mexico this past weekend.(bad English?) I'll take the liberty of taking a bet that he'd give you a ride most any weekend. My day phone is 478 625 3586,
Regards,

Sounds Great!!

Hello Pierre,

That sounds great about your friend's RV-8. I understand that this is a tentative thing. I've got your phone number and I'll give you a call. Once again, I want to say "thank you" to everyone for their help in getting me more familiar with the RV's. Hopefully I will be able to get to know most of you in the future.

I ordered the preview plans for the RV-8 on Saturday. I think I am going to do this...

Thanks again Pierre! Boy, I would love to look at the -6 and /or the -8. I would love to get with either of you to go for a ride. I got anxious on Saturday and ordered the Preview Plans kit for the RV-8. I can't help myself!!

Pierre, I will call you at the number you gave me and maybe we can find a good day and time. Thanks again everybody!

in work

if you want to see a future RV-8, you are welcome to stop by here in Savannah. wings and tail are built, fus is about half way. looks like sanford and son here, but you can see what you are getting yourself into.

RV-8 in Savannah

Thanks Grover! I'll take you up on that one of these weekends. I would like to see what it entails. I should receive my "From the Ground Up" videos which show the building of the Quickbuild RV-8. I am looking forward to seeing them and the process.

I'll get in touch with you and maybe run up there in a month or so.

Thanks again!

Back