What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great Lakes Aviators Fly-In and Build Off!

Paul K

Well Known Member
We are having our annual fly-in and builders contest for the big trophy again at Sparta (8D4) airport. (just north of Grand Rapids, MI) Mark your calendar August 16th., starts at 8:00am with a big breakfast.

Last year a beautiful RV8 took 1st place and we need a lot of RVs to represent us again this year! A very strong RV showing!

This year we are also hosting the 101st Airborne Association with a WWII demonstration jump from a C-46! All in full WWII uniforms and jumping round chutes! Come out and support these vets, a few from WWII!

Attached is a link to a short video we produced last night at our Chapter meeting. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccDHzt2lSEQ&list=UUNpxu1y4T7YNvG-4G0_zm2A

Last edited:
Paul,
What is the time and date? I looked but couldn't find anything except a video from I think last year.

Thanks

Oops, August 16th., Starts at 8:00 am and runs until it's over! Usually mid afternoon with some locals sticking around until the wee hours if you know what I'm saying!

August 16th Fly-In, Sparta MI., 8D4

Just wanted to bump this up and note that the WWII demonstration jump has been canceled due to problems with the C-46 and aircrew schedules. The rest of the fly-in with the breakfast, Young Eagles, and judging are still on.

Hope to see lots of RVs there.

Back