What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak wiring issue - Vizion 380/385 Series

witek

Well Known Member
I want to install on my panel 2 external switches remotely connected to TT Vizion 380:

- Emergency AP Level switch
- Control Wheel Switch

Which type of switches should I use? For CWS is clearly stated that it should be a momentary switch but which type of switch should be used for Emergency AP Level function?

Additionally I would like to install LED informing me when AP is involved. Could somebody advise if this is possible and if YES how to connect such LED?

Thanks
Witold

Witold - I don't know about with the 380 but with the 385 a Level switch was included in my shipment - a square, blue pushbutton. It is a momentary contact, normally open switch.

The same type of switch is used for Control Wheel Steering (which doubles as your autopilot disconnect switch). Again, a momentary contact, normally open pushbutton is what you want.

As for a LED indicating the autopilot is active, that indication is already present on the face of the autopilot controller to tell you when it is coupled.

Witold,

I just double checked your packing list. You should have the little blue AP Level button in your shipment. It'll be in a small bag. The CWS switch needs to be a momentary, normally open switch. The AP Level is the same type switch but we provide you with one that is blue and is stamped AP LEVEL. Let me know if you can't find it. Thanks!

Thanks for information.

My AP is still somewhere on the way to Poland - probable in the middle of Atlantic Ocean :)
I want to finalize my panel and this is reason of my question. I didn't know the switch is part of the package I bought.

What about the LED indicator? I assume it doesn't make sense to install it?

Witold

Witold,

I just double checked your packing list. You should have the little blue AP Level button in your shipment. It'll be in a small bag. The CWS switch needs to be a momentary, normally open switch. The AP Level is the same type switch but we provide you with one that is blue and is stamped AP LEVEL. Let me know if you can't find it. Thanks!

I don't really have a provision for installing an LED. One could place one on the torque line of one of the servos but I prefer not. The display will always let you know if the AP is engaged or not.

Back