What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Titan RV-8 Johnson Creek Fly-in ID

Relentless

Well Known Member
On our way back from visiting Van's in Aurora Karen and I dropped in on some off road airplanes trying to have fun without us. Not sure what the big deal was, my shiny Red RV8 with 409 had little problems getting into a few high alt strips. If you haven't been to ID I highly recommend Sulfur Springs Ranch. The host and cabins are fantastic!!! BYOW.....

259iuqr.jpg

330u1x2.jpg

2n88rau.jpg

6oe6p4.jpg

Don't Take Your RV

I highly recommend that you don't take your RV into Sulphur. There are soft spots from which I've helped push RVs, rocks big enough to break chunks from your fairings, plenty big enough you can't roll over. And applying power go get moving will suck up pebbles. It's a dirt/gravel strip, not grass.

Land your RV at Sulphur at your RV's peril.

John Siebold
Boise, ID

I Totally agree with John

I have been into sulfur Creek numerous times with my RV4 with old style wheel pants with no damage. The old style seemed to be far tougher than the new ones. With my RV6 and the new style pressure recovery pants I have had lots of damage from strips that have a gravel surface. I am on my second set of pants. No more Dixie Town, Sulfur Creek, Warren or any of the others with rocks, at least not with wheel pants on. Then there is the issue of nicked props and chipped paint on the horiz. stab..

Steve

Back