What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wisconsin Fall Color

robertahegy

Moderator/Tech Counselor
Rich and I just got back from a Glorious Fall Colorama flight in Wisconsin. We flew up from East Troy (SE WI) toward Green Bay, cut over to Shawano, North for a while, then West towards Wausau, Down along the Wisconsin River to th Dells and a Beeline home. The sky was clear, the air was smooth, and the Maples were spectacular. South of Appleton, color was sparse, but still nice. Next weekend should be really Great. The area West of Shawano is really pretty every year. We'll have to plan for the Blind Duck Inn in Iron Mountain for next week. No pics were taken as they never do justice to this magic carpet ride.

Roberta

I took an almost identical flight today from Sheboygan. The colors north of Shawano are just short of peak and very pretty.

It was a perfect day for flying; clear-and-a-million, calm and smooth.

Ben Beaird
Plymouth, WI
-6A

OK Ben and Roberta......BOTH of you flew up here and didn't let me know??!!

If you get the itch to head North again next weekend, stop in at MNM on Saturday. EAA chapter 535 will be holding a Young Eagles rally and there will be pancakes until 10:00. I still owe you a breakfast Ben.........

I'm Hoping the Norht Shore will be nice...

I'm sitting in suburban S. Paul tonight, planning on leaving for northern Minnesota in the morning in the Valkyrie. The plan is to hit the Iron Range for the day, and end up in Grand Marais for the night, then fly all the way down the North Shore of Lake Superior the next day to Duluth. I'm hoping I haven't missed the peak colors already. I flew up to west central Minnesota today (Wadena) to deliver a family member who needed to get home after her car died in the Cities, and the colors were pretty nice - but not yet anywhere near peak.

I LOVE this time of year up north, and seeing it from the air is just a riot of color!

Paul

The weather was great yesterday. I flew from OSH to Green Bay and back and the colors were awsome. The club airplane became available. Jeff, when are you gonna come here to ATW??? :D

I'll get there eventually Will. Very close to finishing phase I so I can get turned loose.

Its a good thing that its pretty up here now a days. Makes flying in circles a tad more tolerable! :p

If the weather is good, we plan to lunch at the Blind Duck Inn. I'll post for a Flyout Most likely Saturday.

Roberta

Fall color lunch

For those out enjoying the fall colors, EAA Chapter 22 will be holding a fly-in lunch on Saturday the 7th from 11:00 until 3:00 at Cottonwood airport (1C8) in Rockford, IL. Chili, BBQ sandwiches, potato salad, baked beans, chips, and drink for $6.
Ron Voss
RV6 90% done-really

Back