What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

eletric trim relay?

Guilhermepilot

Well Known Member
hello all
I will install GSA 28 AP Servos and bought a RAY ALLEN T10a eltric trim, do have auto trim capabilitie, question is, do I need a relay servo as well? I just bought a e trim device

thank you captains

Guilherme,

Yes, you will probably need trim relays to operate the trim servos when the autopilot is off, unless you have some way of actuating the trim servos directly such as the Ray Allen G-205 grip. If you are going to use a 4-way switch (also known as a coolie hat) on your stick grip, then you will need relays, two for each trim servo.

Check out the G3X installation manual, there is a schematic that covers the GMC305/GSA28 installation (Figure 20-1.6, page 20-6) in Revision M. Also, you can read my web site blog which explains the relay decks you might need and which ones, etc. See the link below in my signature block.

Last edited:
Guilherme,

Yes, you will probably need trim relays to operate the trim servos when the autopilot is off, unless you have some way of actuating the trim servos directly such as the Ray Allen G-205 grip. If you are going to use a 4-way switch (also known as a coolie hat) on your stick grip, then you will need relays, two for each trim servo.

Check out the G3X installation manual, there is a schematic that covers the GMC305/GSA28 installation (Figure 20-1.6, page 20-6) in Revision M. Also, you can read my web site blog which explains the relay decks you might need and which ones, etc. See the link below in my signature block.

Thanks for your help Pat in fact I ordered a 205 grip along my servo

Back