What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kansas City, MO Formation Clinic

N53LW

Well Known Member
We still have not filled up the Database for the CLINIC, about 3 weeks to go! Get signed up if you are interested.
KC Flight is hosting a clinic, June 27, 28, & 29
This Yahoo group is established to collect and disseminate information for the Kansas City, MO 2014 Formation Clinic at the Lee's Summit, MO airport (KLXT) on the weekend of 27 - 29 June, 2014.
To sign up for the clinic go to the DATABASE section of this group and make an entry on the appropriate table.
Participating pilots should have excellent stick and rudder skills. This clinic is only for RV aircraft. Sorry, no RV-10’s. All aircraft must be in excellent condition. Beginner's aircraft must have dual controls (throttle, stick and rudder), intercom, and PTT in both positions. No vernier throttles allowed! In addition to the normal paperwork required of all aircraft (registration, airworthiness certificate, weight & balance), pilot certificate and current medical, you will need to bring proof of liability insurance. We will arrange for competitive rates at a hotel in nearby Lee's Summit, MO. We will provide dinner on Friday evening, and lunch on Saturday. Further detailed information will be posted to this group as it is available.
I have now added a Database, for RV 12 pilots registration. We must have 4 or more RV-12s.
We now have 4 RV-12s for the Clinic

Those with prior formation experience will be challenged at a level commensurate with your level of experience. Experienced pilots who wish to take a check ride to earn an FFI Wingman or Flight Lead card must secure a recommendation for the check ride prior to the clinic and request a check ride through this forum.

Recommendation Rides may be done early on Friday the 27th if time allows.
[email protected]
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ionClinic/info

Last edited:
At last, one in the midwest and at a airport with mogas no less. How disappointing to hear that you will not accept RV-12's like the clinics on the east coast. Smokey requires four RV12's to be included so that like aircraft are together. The 12 has all of the required equipment, it is just slower. Would you reconsider if four were interested?

RV12s

If 4 RV12 are interested we could allow them, they would have to remain seperate in flight from the other RVs. Find 4 or more interested and we will open it up to you.

I might be able to attend - RV-12 N412BR "Sweetie" - I attended a Pine Bluff AR formation clinic a few months back and rode along 3 flights, briefings, reading, etc.

I live in Northern Arkansas, 170nm from KLXT. Checking my calendar...

A Facebook group is far superior to a yahoo group. We've organized several BIG HS reunions that way. There is no significant privacy issue if you do it correctly. If you are a Facebook hater, get over it!

Of course if you want one that is totally private and no one will ever see, use Google Plus...

Bill H.

Last edited:
If 4 RV12 are interested we could allow them, they would have to remain seperate in flight from the other RVs. Find 4 or more interested and we will open it up to you.

Awesome! Thank you. I see Bill H. might be interested. That would be two. I think I may start a new thread in here to see if I can catch more. Thanks again. I'll work on it.

KC, MO Formation Clinic

Still have room in the Database for more, get signed up we are about 3 weeks out. We also have 4 RV12s, now Kahuna has a good reason to come out!

Back