What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Mr. Aluminum Bar

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Can anyone who has recently received a slow-build fuselage kit look at your packing list and see if you see more than two AB4-125x 1 1/2 pieces?

On my list I see only two. One in subkit #19 that is 48 " long and one in submit #18 that is 8" long.

here's the problem:

The plans call for AB4-125 x 1 1/2 to be used to make F-705B, which is to be 45 3/32 long. OK, no problem. I used the 48" long piece.

However, at the bottom of DWG 20, for F-705C, it calls for two pieces of AB4-125 x 1 1/2, each 12 1/2 long.

As near as I can tell, the aluminum bar doesn't exist in my kit to make this part.

I've doublechecked the packing list over and over again, and the inveentory over and over again, and the plans over and over again. And I can't make 56" worth of bar come out to 70 3/32 worth of parts.

Ah, I found it. I fell victim to Van's inconsistent naming of parts. They actually packaged these up at F-605Cs even thugh it's just Al. bar. Sometimes, they name the parts, sometimes they name the bar. By the time I have the plane built, I should have them figured out.

Back