What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air inlet cowling connection cracked/ broken- help

PIONEER

I'm New Here
Rv6a finished in 1998, 950 hrs. At the annual, we found the tab that was riveted to the lower cowling, which connects the cowling halves at the air inlets to be torn in two between the halves. This style of cowling was made so that the halves butt up with each other at the inlets the same as they do along the sides.Along with this damage, three of the horizontal hinge pin loops are also missing on the forward end, on the same side of the cowling. I hate to tear up any more paint then is necessary for the repair. Do I need to worry about the hinge loops? (My hinge pins are installed through the firewall, forward). I'm the third owner of the aircraft, with a buddy who has built a 9a for mentoring some of the required work. Would be interested in any thoughts from this forums members. Thanks!

Welcome to VAF, Douglas....for everything RV.

Are you talking about the area behind the spinner? There are usually two or three screws with nutplates there.

Best,

Welcome to VAF!

Douglas welcome to VAF.

Good to have you here.

Photos would help a lot, if you can post them.

I just looked at the requirements to send pictures, unless it find someone smarter than myself, I doubt I can send pictures. Sorry, I understand the help it could give.

Back