What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smiths Falls (CYSH) fly-in breakfast on Sunday, June 1st, 2014

That'll be more than a $100 breakfast, Vlad..lol:D

I don't think so. It's a quick 2 hour hop up north and I will bring a caravan of "mobsters" to help with food bill :D

from RVapedia: "Mobsters" - members of Flash Mob Squadron with HQ in Rangley ME. Their numbers are steadily increasing. Canada is the preferred territory of invasion.

Info

Doesn't say what's on the menu! If you want me to recruit some Windsor area flyers make up some lies about a fancy bacon and cheese omelette or real maple syrup. Will see if we can scramble a few birds. Long winter need to fly everyday when wx breaks.

Beautiful area!

Have been to Smith Falls on my boat but never to the airport. Just wondering, how does one handle Customs? Are they on the field or do you have to check in at a entry airport?:confused:

Have been to Smith Falls on my boat but never to the airport. Just wondering, how does one handle Customs? Are they on the field or do you have to check in at a entry airport?:confused:

You need to land at an Airport of Entry before hitting Smiths Falls, unless all people on the aircraft are members of CANPASS (which takes time and money to set up).

Saw N666BK on the ramp at Smiths Falls.
Flying weather was perfect.
Thanks for coming up, Vlad.

Also saw N774G came to visit us as well.

Hope you all had a great and safe trip !

Last edited:
Saw N666BK on the ramp at Smiths Falls.
Flying weather was perfect.
Thanks for coming up, Vlad.

Also saw N774G came to visit us as well.

Hope you all had a great and safe trip !

Thanks for putting your event on the board Harold. We had good time. Reconnected with old friends, had some long forgotten Russian food and flew a lot. Did Montreal scenic route thanks Julian for the lead. Food was good at Smith Falls...

Vlad sighting in Ottawa and Smiths Falls.

Vlad did his thing in Lachute, QC on Saturday, then after a tour of Montreal, came to visit us at Carp airport's EAA245 chapter. We picked him up as he arrived at dusk, and brought him home to Stittsville. After a failed attempt to watch USA Netflix, we put him to sleep with our thousands of photos documenting our Australia/NZ trip this past February.

After a good night's sleep, we were wheels up at 9AM from Carp as a flight of two. We had another gaggle of friends right behind us with two other RV7A, a Rebel on floats, and a Nan Chang. Only a 10 minute trip and we were already down at CYSH (Smiths Falls).

Tour the grounds, eat some more, and visit Bobby Hanson's fabulous airplane collection.

DSC03260.jpg

DSC03264.jpg

DSC03286.jpg

DSC03280.jpg

DSC03285.jpg

DSC03293.jpg

Russian pilots and co-pilots

Back