What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

South Florida Airparks

qtrmiledan

Well Known Member
Interested in any info on So Fla airpark options. Any info - pro/con/recommendations- Please share!!! Thanks!!

are you interested in south east or south west, they are really two different worlds.

bob burns
N82RB
RV-4

there is a real nice air park in North Fort Myers called Pine Shadows. FL49 i think. There are 2 home for sale at this time. 3000 ft. asphalt and fuel on the field.
Dave

So. Fl airports

For the West Palm Beach area; you might look at FD38, Wellington Aero. Very nice and I have several friends who live there. One of them has his house for sale.

Lots of them.

There are all kinds of airparks around south FL, almost too many to list. I know a bunch on the east coast. I am at FD88 Aero Acres outside of Ft Pierce. We have a paved runway, as well as grass, prices are more reasonable than further south, and traffic is not too bad here. There are lots and houses available. The HOA is pretty reasonable here, another important consideration when looking at airparks. There is also Treasure Coast airpark and Naked Lady Ranch just south of me. Vero Beach has Indian River Airpark. Outside of Okeechobee are some real bargain airparks, some are on the Kissimmee River as well, offering boating and flying, but you give up a certain amount of civilization for those. West Palm has Wellington, Willis glider port, and a couple of others. Jupiter, just north of West Palm has Tailwinds - pricey. West Palm is pricey. Down in Del Ray is Antiquers Aerodrome.

These are just a few I have listed, mainly because I know people at most of them. PM me if you want to chat more. I think the winter up north must be driving people down here, the traffic of people looking at properties has literally exploded in our neighborhood lately.

Last edited:
Back