What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dim TruTrak GX Pilot

9GT

Well Known Member
Patron
I started to check out the TruTrak GX Pilot on one of my Phase 1 flights today and found that the display is extremely dim,,,almost to the point of being unreadable. Even moving over directly in front of the unit it was difficult to read. I can't imagine that it will be of any use to me this way. Placing my finger over the light sensor on the front of the unit does nothing. I do not have an external dimmer wired to it. There is nothing in the installation/operation's manual that addresses this. You can see where it is mounted next to the audio panel. I figure that this location is at the max 20* allowed for optimal viewing. I could also tilt it more towards the pilot side or just swap locations with the clock just left of the first G3X display. But like I stated, even direct on it is hard to read. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
DSC00378.jpg

Just give me a call. It looks like either the display backlight has failed or the photocell has failed. Either way we can fix you right up. Thanks!

Settings?

I searched the forums and found some instructions to adjust the back-lighting settings and brightness by holding in the knob at power-up. It looks good in the hanger now but I will need to verify readability in flight when the weather breaks again and I can get it out of the hanger. I'll give you a call Lucas if the problem persists. Thanks! Dave

Ah yes. If the minimum backlight setting got turned down, that can be the culprit. Almost no one adjusts it so that wasn't my first stab!

Adjusting the back lighting and contrast helped in the hanger but did not help when I got the plane outside and flying today. The light sensor does not seem to do anything when I cover it or put bright light to it, so I will be giving you a call Lucas.

Back