What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Audio warnings

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if there is a way to import other voices into the audio warning systems? I have a Garmin 340 audio panel, 430, SL40, 330S transponder. Also a AF2500 engine monitor with warnings.

I have traffic alerts and display on the 430. The female Brittish voice is nice but I think it would be funny to have Chris Rock giving the warning. Also when tanks are low, "Man, you gotta get some gas."

Just a thought. The ideal voice would be Shania Twain.

My phone still rings

RV7Guy said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to import other voices into the audio warning systems? I have a Garmin 340 audio panel, 430, SL40, 330S transponder. Also a AF2500 engine monitor with warnings.

I have traffic alerts and display on the 430. The female British voice is nice but I think it would be funny to have Chris Rock giving the warning. Also when tanks are low, "Man, you gotta get some gas."

You are a sick sick man. :D ha ha. I am so backwards my cell phone still rings, it is suppose to play ring tones and audio files. I can't be bothered. Good luck getting Chris Rock, to rock your aural warning.

One problem, how are you going to get Shania or Chris to record the appropriate phrase? You would have to go with some existing recording, so you will be stuck with "Man! I feel Like a Woman" (Shania Twain) or "Yeah, I love being famous. It's almost like being white, y'know?" (Chris Rock).

I wounder if they would record warnings for you, what would they charge? ha ha :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Recordings

I'll have to research it but there is a web site out there where you can select a celebrity then type in a phrase and get a very reasonable simulation of that person.

I also have a friend that works in Hollywood and knows many of the TV actors and film stars. He is also a pilot and we talked about the possibilty this past weekend. He knows some of them well enough to get them to "talk into a recorder."

I have radio control transmitter that you can put voice commands on a flash card and import them to the transmitter for various functions. Also pictures can be inserted of specific models. Pretty amazing stuff.

First choice would be Shania. She could sign the phone book to me and I'd be happy.

PS Engineering's PRD60

Dear Darwin:

The PRD60 provides 6 verbal aural warnings but the ability to pipe in 4 unswitched inputs into your GMA340.

You can get the installation manual at www.ps-engineering.com/prd60.shtml

Hope this helps.

Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.
www.ps-engineering.com

RV7Guy said:

I have traffic alerts and display on the 430. The female Brittish voice is nice but I think it would be funny to have Chris Rock giving the warning. Also when tanks are low, "Man, you gotta get some gas."

Back