What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wingx pro and ADS-B

Bavafa

Well Known Member
I received my upgraded 330 with ES this weekend and installed it back in the plane and went for a couple of test flight. I have SKYRADR D2 for the ADS-B IN and see the traffic very nicely and accurately on my GRT screen but on the WingX Pro, the traffic at times does not show up or only far away traffic shows. The only traffic nearby I see is my own ship which I don’t know how to filter out.

Has anyone experience this and can offer some suggestions/insight?

A second question for those who have GTX 330 with ES, do you enable both 1090 in and UAT in or just UAT. This is in the configuration setting of the GTX 330.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Watching with interest

I do not have "OUT" yet, but on occasion I see my self on the a Skyradar Ipad feed and it can get rather alarming since you don't really know if it's you or not. Other themes when seeing other traffic, (someone else is activating the system) I do not see myself (when I know I'm in radar coverage). So I also wonder why and how to fix it.
Tim

I went for another test flight today and again, I could see lots of traffic on GRT screen but not on the IPAD running WingX. In the configuration portion of the GTX 330, there is a field (1090 IN) that I enabled (turned on) and then I could see all traffic both on the GRT and IPAD.
I have no idea or can not explanation why with the 1090 option being disabled on the 330, traffic shows up on GRT but not IPAD and will run more test to confirm this is how it should be configured.

However, the accuracy of traffic from ADS-B is just amazing. On the GRT HX, you can actually see the traffic on the PFD just as if you were looking out the window, whereas on the map you see traffic all around you.

Back