What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Villages FL

Clarkie

Well Known Member
Any builders/RVers in The Villages? My dad is starting the process. Would love to get him hooked up with some locals.

Villages

I own an RV-7 and live in the villages - Piedmont near Lopez CC. Kept in my hanger at Ocala. Have him get in touch with me, I'm going to Clearwater for the next 2 days but here after that until the 21st, return again on the 29th. Which one is he going to build and where?

RV7

I'm building a 7 in my hangar at KIMM (Imokalee) live in the estates.

Immokalee

Hey Paulie,

Better lock those hanger doors tight. I grew up in that area till we moved to golden gate estates. Air boaters in immokalee love those new aircraft engines. Which hanger are you in? I get down there a couple times a year visiting family we left behind.

I've been curious about 'The Villages'. Are there airports within the Villages are they operated outside of that structure?

Thanks,

Bob

I believe the closest public airport is Leesburg International (KLEE), Ocala International being the 2nd (notice all the international airports!). There are a few private airport/airpark that are closer, Love Landing and Flying Palomino.

Leesburg or Ocala?

I live in the north end of TV - Piedmont - KLEE is 22 miles and KOCF is 28 miles but the drive time due to traffic and red lights is equal or less to get to Ocala. The drive is half country roads and half expressway. The bigger issue I found was finding an available hanger. Best of luck and welcome to the RV family.

Thanks for the responses guys. He's going to build a -10. He's getting his shop set up and attending the EAA workshop this weekend in Lakeland. Seems pretty excited about it.

Back