What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EIS serial output

Clearprop

I'm New Here
Does anyone have the program that Chris Good developed to take the serial data output from the EIS, capture it to a laptop, and output it in graphic form? Getting ready to finish up a -6 and would like to wire it before we close the top skin. Time to make engine noise!

Clearprop!

I'm finishing up the installation of my EIS-4000 and have the same question. Where can I find the info to take data and graph it?

EIS recording

The program Chris Good (RIP) wrote is a good basic one, but I would recommend you take a look at the flight recorder in the following link:
http://iflyez.com/EFISRecorder.shtml
It allows you to record the EIS data as well as GPS and EFIS data, all synched up correctly.

EGView

I use EGView (www.egtrends.com) with the data from my MVP-50 and love it. GRT's EIS is not on their supported products list but it may be worth giving them a call.

FYI. I send data from my MVP-50 to my HS-1 (IIRC, it's Chelton format) and the HS-1 displays the engine data just like it's coming from the EIS.

I use EGView (www.egtrends.com) with the data from my MVP-50 and love it. GRT's EIS is not on their supported products list but it may be worth giving them a call.

FYI. I send data from my MVP-50 to my HS-1 (IIRC, it's Chelton format) and the HS-1 displays the engine data just like it's coming from the EIS.

I have the mvp50 going the the GRT HX.......:D

Back