What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New EFIS from TruTrak

JonathanCook

Well Known Member
I just received my EAA Sport Aviation magazine today, and on page 74 TruTrak is advertising their new EFIS. The add shows an EFIS display with HSI.

Jonathan

Trutrak had some type of EFIS display at Van's homecoming. I don't know if it's the same one that is in Sport Aviation. I haven't looked at my copy yet. I think I took a picture of it, though. I thought it did look kind of pathetic sitting next to the AF-3500 from ACS. Maybe I was just missing the point of their display presentation.

flymustangs said:
Trutrak had some type of EFIS display at Van's homecoming. I don't know if it's the same one that is in Sport Aviation. I haven't looked at my copy yet. I think I took a picture of it, though. I thought it did look kind of pathetic sitting next to the AF-3500 from ACS. Maybe I was just missing the point of their display presentation.

I would agree. The AF-3500 looked excellent. The display was bright, and I liked the smoothness and display integration of the DG with the attitude and other information.

The TruTrak looked like an early demo model, so it's probably too early to judge. The TruTrak corporate RV-10, however, was beautiful!

Vern

It was definitely interesting. The HSI was on the same plane as the ground. I guess to make it more intuitive. I agree with the other comments. It looked like a very early prototype, especially next to the AFS units.

IMG_1634.jpg

Trutrak had this unit on display at Oshkosh. I do like the display of the various instruments. Unfortunately it is not a true EFIS in regards to pitch information; instead it uses the same pseudo-pitch scheme that is used in the ADI Pilot. It still might make a good backup instrument, but not a primary EFIS.

Back