What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Visit Florida in December

CrazyDutch

I'm New Here
We are visiting Florida around Christmas, like to meet Rv builders/pilots while there, i'm Flying Alex de Dominicis old Rv6 in The Netherlands and building an RV10, stay at 4FL5 from December 18 till January 7, Like to meet you all!

Drop me a pm with your email and phone # and will keep you informed on any happenings. Looks like you are in frostproof area. I love that name for a town in Florida. Took a ride in a tripacer back in 1980 which motivated me to get my pilots liscence. Got some friends at lake clinch. Could meet up there. :)

Henkjan,

Turbo will tell you about the gatherings but if you get to Sarasota/Venice give me a call. I'm in the VAF white pages (or send a pm) and always looking for an excuse to head to the airport and talk RV's. :)

Gary

Gary, remember you are due for a flight to the east side. Whenever you are ready. Head due east, over the big lake, pass the two tall antennas, land at the big airport. Progressive taxi to witham aero club, #6. Any time.

Gary, remember you are due for a flight to the east side. Whenever you are ready. Head due east, over the big lake, pass the two tall antennas, land at the big airport. Progressive taxi to witham aero club, #6. Any time.

Yep, overdue. I owe you a visit. Been flying constantly since August though so I might take a few weeks off. Probably not....:D

We are visiting Florida around Christmas, like to meet Rv builders/pilots while there, i'm Flying Alex de Dominicis old Rv6 in The Netherlands and building an RV10, stay at 4FL5 from December 18 till January 7, Like to meet you all!

HI DUTCH! i was the one who went outside and invited you and yours to come and sit with us at sebring wed, really enjoyed your company. welcome to florida!

Bent willies

Dutch

You are only 14 miles from my runway 52FA. Every Sunday from 9:00 am till around 1:00 the Polk county RC club, not to be confused with RV club, fly their warbird models out of my field. You are welcome to collect another grass strip if you are looking for somewhere to fly to. The strip is now 2200 feet long and 150' wide. Fly over the field at 800 ft and wave your wings, this action tells the rc pilots to land and get out of your way. The grass strip is fun and interesting as it has a 20 degree bend in it. Hence the name Bent Willies.

Turbo, you have been saying you are coming by sometime so maybe this Sunday?? I'll cook the burgers. In fact, party on!! Who wants to come??

Gary, I met you a few years back when I flew my 4 into Venice. Bring your crowd too.

recht

Henkjan,

My wife and I will be in Utrecht June 21-22 as part of a 10 day bike & barge trip. We would love to met you and see your project, if possible.

Jim Berry
RV-10

?........You are welcome to collect another grass strip if you are looking for somewhere to fly to. The strip is now 2200 feet long and 150' wide. Fly over the field at 800 ft and wave your wings, this action tells the rc pilots to land and get out of your way. The grass strip is fun and interesting as it has a 20 degree bend in it. Hence the name Bent Willies.

Turbo, you have been saying you are coming by sometime so maybe this Sunday?? I'll cook the burgers. In fact, party on!! Who wants to come??

Gary, I met you a few years back when I flew my 4 into Venice. Bring your crowd too.

Bill, Rats, I'm in Virginia this weekend. I would love to get over to your strip and especially the burger party:D Maybe in a few weeks, after New Years, I can get the Venice boys rolling on a Sunday.

?........You are welcome to collect another grass strip if you are looking for somewhere to fly to. The strip is now 2200 feet long and 150' wide. Fly over the field at 800 ft and wave your wings, this action tells the rc pilots to land and get out of your way. The grass strip is fun and interesting as it has a 20 degree bend in it. Hence the name Bent Willies.

Bill, Rats, I'm in Virginia this weekend. I would love to get over to your strip and especially the burger party:D Maybe in a few weeks, after New Years, I can get the Venice boys rolling on a Sunday.

In fact, party on!! Who wants to come??

I would love to. Never been to a bent runway :D
Gary if you organize a crowd I am in. Late January?

Vlad

You would be the first 9 to land there. Smokey heard runway was open a few years ago and he showed up before I could bring my 4 in. So he stole the honor of first plane ever and it was a rocket.

If you decide to fly northwest, stop by X35. I'll be at the Itec hangar on the northeast side. Love to have you stop by.

Back