What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trio ap not seeing GPS

VETE76

Well Known Member
i have installed Trio Pro Pilot and panel mounted my portable garmin 295. if you have this setup what did you do to get the A/P to see the GPS. i hooked pin 6 to the data out brown wire. nothing happens. A?P display says NO GPS
help please.
thanks
fred

Make sure your GPS is configured to transmit NMEA data. Set it to 4800 baud and all sentences. The Pro Pilot should be able to figure out the rest. As mentioned before you need to have the GPS navigating to somewhere so the Pro Pilot will have data to display.

Don't hesitate to call Jerry or Chuck at Trio, they will be happy to walk you through this.

Try entering a flight plan or direct to somewhere, then wait 8-10 seconds.

tried that

Did you also hook up a data ground wire?

pretty sure i did. will check again today

Make sure your GPS is configured to transmit NMEA data. Set it to 4800 baud and all sentences. The Pro Pilot should be able to figure out the rest. As mentioned before you need to have the GPS navigating to somewhere so the Pro Pilot will have data to display.

will check again today

If you have checked the hard wire side of things. Then it is probably is #4 as Sam says. Try main menu and set up on the 295 be sure settings are on NMEA and baud rate 4800. With a destination entered it should work. DRR

[*************************************************************

will check again today
***********************************************************[/QUOTE]

tadah
works now thanks

Back